I Wasn't Convinced By the 'Wood Drenching' Look, But Dakota Johnson's Mid-Century Modern Dining Room Has Changed My Mind
I'll never shy away from a warm, rustic design scheme, but up until recently, I was more inclined to use organic materials in moderation. Perhaps I was a little too worried about reviving kitschy '70s aesthetics, but I only ever used wood and natural textures with restraint.
After stumbling across a snapshot of Dakota Johnson's wood-paneled dining area, however, I can say with confidence that my mind has been changed. Forget cliches or retro kitsch: warm wood panels are completely transformative in Dakota's LA home. They bring instant warmth – not to mention plenty of mid-century modern flair – to the space, which was designed by Pierce & Ward.
If, like me, you're keen to learn about how to make the 'wood drenching' trend work in your home, I've asked designers to tell all. (And I've pulled together a Dakota-inspired shopping edit, if you'd like to recreate this gorgeous look.)
0 Comments